Between the Lines - 5e secondaire - Enriched
New! Between the Lines Secondary 5 Enriched
This digital teaching kit will allow you to adequately prepare students for ministerial evaluation and to progressively address all the elements essential to understanding and writing a feature article. Students can reinvest this knowledge in other types of texts.
THE DIGITAL STUDENT KIT ''Classe numérique''
This kit includes:
- Theory, texts and activities to consult online or to download
- Would you rather...? activities
- Interactive grammar tools
- Video presenting the theory of writing text and modelling a feature article
The ''Classe numérique'' format is an annual subscription. It allows the teacher to send self-correcting exercises to his students.
THE DIGITAL TEACHING KIT "POUR L'ENSEIGNANT"
The digital teaching kit is divided into three parts:
1- Feature Article Theory
All the theory to help students understand the goals of writing text, primarily a feature article. This part consists of an illustration of the rules as applied to an actual feature article.
Perusal of the handout text by text to progressively address all the elements essential to writing a good feature article.
Guidance in the completion of a first feature article. The goal is to ensure students confidently apply the elements essential to meeting ministerial evaluation objectives.
The digital teaching kit includes:
1. Reproductible material
- Texts and activities about positive and negative aspects of being passionate about sport and looking fit
- Text 1: Reaching New Heights in Extreme Sports
- Text 2: The Ultimate Obstacle Course (audio)
- Text 3: The Beauty Myth: Five Steps to Loving Your Body
- Text 4: Addictions
- An evaluation practice on the model of the Ministery
- Answer Key
View an extract of the digital teaching kit:
So that students cannot see documents that can be used for their evaluation, it was decided not to include a concrete example in this extract. To access an example, please contact our InfoService at 1 800 567-3671 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Material to project in class
►Feature article theory with examples
►Video presenting the theory of writing text and modelling a feature article
- Introduction to Writing
- Before Writing a Feature Article
- How to Generate Ideas
- Six Steps to Writing a Feature Article
Text 2: The Ultimate Obstacle Course
►Interactive grammar tools | To energize the teaching of grammar.
Project this interactive tool in the classroom, which allows you to virtually manipulate words based on various grammatical concept:
- English verb tenses
- Pronouns and possessives
- Pronunciation of regular verbs
- Plural forms of nouns
- Spelling of -ing and -ed forms
- Asking questions
►Would you Rather...? activities | Fun interactive activities linked to the theme that stimulate conversation.
Let your students have zany conversations and debate over odd subjects with this interactive version of the popular Would You Rather game. It’s a playful way to improve their vocabulary and give free rein to their imagination.
Would you rather...
- Bite your toenails every time you take off your shoes or lick the fingers of people you meet for the first time, regardless of the situation?
- Throw up spiders after each meal or sweat red ants every time you have emotions?
- Have a parrot on your shoulder that repeats everything you say or have one that says everything that you’re thinking?
- Have the hiccups all your life or have a nosebleed every time you say yes or no?
- Eat part of your brain cooked by a famous chef or drink a glass of your saliva every morning?
- Use the toothbrush of a different stranger every day or only eat dead animals killed by the side of the road?
- Drink expired milk every morning or eat the eyes of fresh fish?
- Belch out each word or slap your face at the end of each sentence?
- Never be able to close your mouth or always have your eyes open?
- Live with your hands glued together or with your feet glued together?
- And more...