Unit 3 - Celebrations
Unit 3 - Celebrations
In this unit, students will read about Halloween and its Mexican counterpart, Dia de los muertos, Christmas around the world, International Women’s Day, Quebec and Canadian national holidays and the Sun Dance ceremony. They will learn the history of these celebrations and how they are celebrated. Students will explore three information-based texts, one blog and one interview. Throughout the unit, students will have to establish personal connections with these celebrations.
Pour télécharger Celebrations - Gratuit pour un temps limité :
1. connectez-vous ou créez gratuitement un compte
2. ajoutez le matériel à votre panier d'achat
3. lors du passage à la caisse, vous n'avez pas besoin de choisir de moyen de paiement. Cochez simplement « J'ai lu et j'accepte...»
4. suivez le lien fourni pour accéder au matériel
Here is the content of the Digital Teacher's Toolkit ''Pour l'enseignant":
1. Reproductible material
- Pedagogical notes
- Support | All texts, questions and exercices in the activity book are modified for students who have difficulties
- Enrichment | An additional text including questions and consolidation activities, is available for student who need more challenges
- Grammar exercices
- Simple future tense – Affirmative form
- Simple future tense – Negative and interrogative forms
- Information questions
- Mini-grammar tests
- Texts and questions to print (Halloween and Dia de los muertos and March 8 - International Women's Day)
- Answer Key
2. Material to project in class
► Interactive grammar tools | To energize the teaching of grammar.
Project this interactive tool in the classroom, which allows you to virtually manipulate words based on various grammatical concept:
- English verb tenses
- Pronouns and possessives
- Pronunciation of regular verbs
- Plural forms of nouns
- Spelling of -ing and -ed forms
- Asking questions
►Would you Rather...? activities | Fun interactive activities linked to the theme that stimulate conversation.
Let your students have zany conversations and debate over odd subjects with this interactive version of the popular Would You Rather game. It’s a playful way to improve their vocabulary and give free rein to their imagination.
Would you rather...
- Wear the same ugly Halloween costume all year long except on Halloween or eat the same candies that you hate every single day of the year?
- Stand up and sing to 30,000 people once a year on your birthday or never receive a gift again on your birthday?
- Attend a music festival where you must spend the entire day eating extremely spicy food under the sunshine with no water or shade or spend the entire day in a movie theatre drinking cold water in air conditioning and have no toilet around?
- Have to give a birthday present to every person you ever spoke to or be ignored by everyone during your birthday week?
- Live in a world where Valentine’s Day is celebrated intensively every day or live in a world where holidays don’t exist?
Internet links, including videos, quizzes, reports, etc.
►Text and activities in HTML format
The activity book to project in HTML format with corrections displayed one by one.